1. WOOOOOOOOOO!! Good work Bills! (Incidentally, if there is anyone from WGR reading this right now, please, for the love of all that is good and holy, stop playing that damn, “Let’s go Bills, Bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu Bills!” song. I’ll admit that sometimes I think the lyrics are funny. SOMETIMES. But the marginally funny lyrics are NEVER worth the agony of having “bu-bu-bu-bu-bu-bu Bills” in my head all day. When I hear that song starting I CHANGE THE RADIO STATION AS QUICKLY AS I CAN.)
2. I’m currently the front runner in our weekly BPO football pool but the competition is breathing down my neck. In order for me to clinch, we have to root for Seattle tonight, and Denver tomorrow. I hope I have your support.
3. I had to work on Saturday night, so I didn’t see much of the Sabres game against the Thrashers. To be honest, I’m not sorry they lost. I’m suspicious of ridiculously good starts, and I don’t quite trust this team to respond well to winning easily. I keep waiting for them to lapse back into bad habits from last season, and let’s face it, the season is veeeery young, so there is plenty of time for them to get defensively lazy again. For the time being I think we are better off when they truly believe in their hearts that they need to grind out every single win. It sounds like the Sabres were lucky to squeeze a point out of that game, so I’m glad a point is all they got. (And it’s not like 4-0-1 is super shabby.)
4. I am hugely attached to the perfect PK. Weirdly so.
5. I think I’m done with Heroes. I watch both Heroes and Lost, which has always seemed like overkill. In my mind both shows fall into the same category of “Not good, but highly enjoyable shows steeped in borderline-retarded mystery and intrigue”. I liked the first season of Heroes, and last year was tolerable, but this season of Heroes is making me angry. I think I’m going to have to break up with Heroes. I’d break up with Lost, but I’ve already invested so much time in it that at this point unless things get really bad, I’m in it for the long haul.
6. Thank you so much for not sucking, Patrick Lalime. Seriously. Thank you.