Let’s look at the evidence (also make sure you look at the update at the end of this post):
1. Ryan Miller posted TWO shutouts IN A ROW! TWO! And not the sarcastic “Ryan Miller shutouts” where he actually let in a lazy goal at the end. TWO ACTUAL GAMES IN WHICH NO PUCKS ENTERED HIS NET!
2. Craig Rivet is back! My friend Daniel (who is not really a hockey fan. [I’m working on him, but it’s tough…..he’s from Kentucky.]) recently told that me that he was very disappointed when he learned that Craig Rivet’s name was pronounced “Ri-vay”. Apparently, he thought our captain’s last name was the English pronunciation of “rivet”. Daniel think we should be calling Rivet, “The Steel Riv-it”. You know what? I think Daniel is absolutely right, and I can’t believe no one else has mentioned this before. I mean, here’s the definition of “riveting”:
- To fasten or secure with or as if with a rivet.
- To hammer the headless end of so as to form a head and fasten something.
- To fasten or secure firmly; fix.
- To engross or hold (the attention, for example).
That kind of describes Rivet perfectly, right? He showed up in Buffalo and fixed the Sabres by joining everyone together as a cohesive unit. Plus, he’s riveting in that we are all held in rapt attention when he is in the lineup.
My point here is that I believe we should start purposefully mispronouncing Craig Rivet’s name so that we may call him “The Steel Rivet”. It’s a badass nickname and it suits him.
3. Timmy skated without a helmet IN AN NHL GAME for several seconds, and he did not die. If that’s not an omen of good fortune, I don’t know what is.
4. Last night Lindy was wearing a suit and tie that perfectly coordinated with his yellow hair and mustache. I love it when Lindy dresses to match his yellow hair.
So, as you can PLAINLY see, there has never been a better time to vote than today. Conditions are perfect.
UPDATE: At the suggestion of the frequently hilarious Reigning Frog, we have called an official TWC VOTE! Please cast your vote now on this important issue: SHOULD LINDY RUFF’S NEW NICKNAME BE COLONEL MUSTARD? This may be the most important vote you will ever cast, people.