Is there anything better than the first round of the NHL playoffs?
It’s currently 1:15 in the morning. I’m tired, and I’ll be more tired in the morning, but I’m happy from watching hours of good hockey. I’m enjoying these games a lot this year.
Soon, as the playoffs progress, the number of games will start dwindling, and then hockey will be gone. Sad.
A few thoughts:
- Last season I was very preoccupied with the former Sabres during the playoffs. I was cheering passionately against Briere, Drury, and especially Brian Campbell. This season I could not care less about those guys. If anything, I’ve been feeling slightly affectionate towards them. Time heals all wounds, yo.
- Either the Caps or the Sharks HAVE to be eliminated in the first round. I know it’s kind of evil of me to feel this way, but the heart want what the heart wants. And my heart wants a first round upset.
- I’ve been a little disappointed by the lack of mindblowingly awesome hockey commercials this year. Remember the Cup Raise commercial? I realize that’s a tough act to follow, but still. I want my goosebump-y, yay for hockey, commercial.
Let’s watch Cup Raise again. It’s still a goodie.
- I feel really sad for the Blues. I’m sorry the yucky Canucks steamrolled those guys.
- I think I’d feel bad for the Blue Jackets, except for the fact that watching the Red Wings mow teams down makes me feel safe and secure, like, all is right in the world. I know a lot of people hate the Red Wings (Sam says cheering for them is like cheering for Microsoft), but I don’t care. Those crazy Swedes are really, really good at hockey, and I appreciate that. Plus, Datsyuk! I heart that guy.
- I haven’t figured out if it’s possible with the seeding, but I think it would be great to see the Bruins and the Pens meet in the ECF. I hope it happens.