1. I don’t mind that the Sabres lost in both Anaheim and L.A. Those were HUGELY entertaining and feisty games, and while I hate when people say this, the Sabres could have won either of those games just as easily as they lost. However, it’s now time for the Sabres to stop almost not losing, and actually win (2 points) again.
And Sabres, I don’t want to hear any whining about how, “They’re the Sharks, they’re SCARY!” because you had your chance to get two points from the less intimidating California teams, and you chose to be all sassy and run-and-gunny. Run-and-gun (or as the Kings announcers like to call it “DEFENSEMEN, ACTIVATE!”) is DEFINITELY fun (and again, I’m not complaining about the last two games), but let’s face it, run-and-gun doesn’t really work unless you guys consistently hit the net, which….you don’t always do. So, I hate to say it, but it’s time to be machine-like and boring again. WOOOOOOO, for trapping!
2. The combination of the late start time and the opposing team’s announcers give this week such an exotic feel. I love it. I even like listening to the announcers, mostly because I know this is only for another week, and then Rick will come back and all will be well.
I have Center Ice, and I watch the Kings a lot. I genuinely like their announcing team, and I thought they did a good job talking about the Sabres. I thought the game broadcast last night was intelligent and interesting.
Rick Jeanneret is wonderful because he makes every game so exciting. He’s charming, and fun, and colorful. He’s irreplaceable. If we can’t have Rick forever (and sadly, we probably can’t), I think the Sabres should go in an entirely different direction for awhile, and take the “informative and buttoned-up” route. It’s going to be a rough time no matter what, but the Sabres should do everything they can to avoid the indignity of someone trying to “be like Rick Jeanneret”.
3. Now I’m all depressed. Rick is going to live to be 150-years-old and broadcast until the day he dies!
4. Please welcome three new blogs to the blogroll: Roll the Highlight Film and The Ruff Writers (good name!), and Let’s Go Buffalo!
5. The Sabres want my money again! For playoff tickets! WOOOOOO! Here’s my Visa number, Sabres! Take whatever you want! (Note to Hockey Gods: I’m hoping that this whole “counting our chickens [and in the Sabres' case, dollars] before they hatch thing isn’t too jinxy. Yeah, it’s quite a bit too early for this, but look how charmingly enthused we are about it. You can forgive us for being excited, right? *fingers crossed*)