1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO, and AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! The Sabres had NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER getting any points out of that game. (Not that I’m complaining.)
2. Lindy Ruff is doing a really good job. Let’s look at the evidence:
- The Sabres are first in the division.
– Whatever “The System” is, it must be a good one, because the Sabres keep winning even though we have no clutch scorers.
-Our defense and goaltending just keeps humming along.
– Lindy pulled Miller juuust at the right moment against the Pens, and he somehow knew to give Staffy the penalty shot.
– (And here’s my favorite one) His post-game comments to the press were SUPER cranky tonight. Let’s face it, as fun as it was to get the two points, that was still a pretty atrocious game. For some reason the Hockey Gods have been tilting the ice in our favor, but these slow starts are getting lame. So, Lindy was pretty crotchety about the whole thing. I appreciate that about him. Lindy seems to be very synced up with this team. Unlike past seasons when you got the feeling everyone was tuning him out, this year I get the sense that his disapproval will get results. And so far, he appears to be administering his disapproval well….
– …or at least he’s administering his disapproval differently. He benched Pommers and Goose tonight? That’s a wacky new trick. Way to mix it up, Lindy!
3. GOOSE GOT BENCHED? ON THE SAME DAY HE DIDN’T MAKE IT ON THE OLYMPIC TEAM? That’s HARSH AND WRONG. I’m outraged on his behalf. HONK! Poor Goose.
4. What the heck happened to Mike Grier in the third period? I looked up and all of a sudden Mike Grier was spinning around with his stick and gloves fluttering all around the ice. “Mike Grier exploded!”
5. That game really was a hoot. I’m not going to lie, as soon as they went down 2-0 I had TOTALLY resigned myself to a big fat ugly loss. Good work proving me wrong, Sabres! (Maybe next game we can just skip the whole, “going down 3-0″ part of the game and return to boring old wins. Just a thought.)