1.You know what sucked most about last night? The damn Canucks didn’t bother to score on their unjust power play, and the Sabres DID score on their make-up call power play, so even though that whole Kerry Fraser episode was COMPLETE BULLHONKY, we can’t even claim that’s why the Sabres lost. No, the Sabres lost because those creepy Sedins (particularly that one Sedin) are MUCH better at hockey than they are.
3. For the first time since I starting thinking about the Sabres in the Olympics, I’m a little bit worried about Miller’s involvement. I mean, the Olympics are fun and all, but I don’t care AT ALL about Team USA in comparison to how much I care about Team Buffalo Sabres. If Crunchy gets hurt, or comes home all bedraggled and not-so-fresh, I’m going to be irked.
3. I am going to FOUR Sabres games in the next two weeks. How lucky am I? WOO!
4. I’m surprisingly attached to Tim Connolly’s points streak. Regular readers of this blog know that I barely cheer for Timmeh, so it’s weird to feel this gung-ho about his individual achievement, but I do. TIMMEH!
5. I’m going to admit something to you guys because I feel I can trust you: I’m trying to be cool about the Sabres poopy road trip because that seems to be what the more experienced hockey watchers are doing, but truthfully, I’m kind of sucking my thumb, holding my Sabres security blanket up against my cheek, and rocking softly back and forth right now. I’m not freaking out, but I am being a bit of a worrywart. I don’t LIKE when they lose. Losing makes me feel sad and mad. *stomps foot like a brat* *also whines pathetically*
6. Those of you who follow me on twitter might have noticed that I had jury duty yesterday. Jury duty was hilariously easy. I got there at 9am, and at 10:30 I was in a pool of people who were released without having to answer a single question. Sweet! (Private to the State of New York: It’s time to freshen up that “Welcome to jury duty!” video. It’s the same one I watched seven years ago, and while I DO get a kick out of your dramatization of the whole witch-trial If-you-float-you’re-guilty-if-you-sink-you’re-innocent situation, I don’t think your repeat customers should have to watch reruns.)