I’m definitely not one to think too much about stats, but periodically I get a little lost on this page on NHL.com. I meandered around there for a few minutes this morning and here are a few things that jumped out at me:
First, the Bad News. (I’m a bad news first kind of girl. Save the best for last.)
- The Sabres Power Play is 22nd in the league at 17.1%. So, we’re not just imagining that the power play is kind of sucky. I feel like every fanbase in the league complains about their team’s power play, but Sabres fans actually DO have a bit of a point.
- The Sabres are 24th in the league in “Shots Against Per Game“. That one scares me a bit. Good thing Crunchy is so good!
- The Sabres are 22nd in the league in faceoff win percentage. Sad times at the dot.
The Good News:
- They allow the 5th fewest goals per game. Good work Crunchy!
- They are currently 10th in the league in points.
SUPER Good News:
- The Sabres have the 2nd most effective penalty kill in the league. I knew the PK was foxy, but I honestly didn’t realize how foxy.
The News that is SO Good it Truly Blew My Mind, And That I’m Almost Scared To Call Attention To For Fear of Jinxing Them:
- The 2009-10 Sabres have never, I repeat, NEVER lost a game when they had the lead going into the 3rd period. That is FANCY, you guys.
So, there you have it. Some statbits. Do with them what you will.