1. You guys, I am LOVING basketball right now. I know. It’s WEIRD and WONDERFUL. Hockey has been getting me down, and just when I thought I’d turn off the television for the summer, I found the basketball playoffs. Basketball is this whole other sport, with teams I know nothing about, and unlike baseball, I don’t have to watch hundreds of games before it gets exciting. Basketball is already in the PLAYOFFS. The teams are trying as hard as they can right now. The NBA is my new broad-shouldered boyfriend.
2. If I wasn’t already disinterested in the Stanley Cup Finals before, I sure am now. The space-out scheduling is KILLING me. At some point in the last week, my brain flipped to “summer” and summer does not have hockey. So, see ya in October, NHL.
3. I’m mostly kidding. I’ll probably keep one eye on the NHL Finals, but I doubt I’ll enjoy them. You see, I just haven’t warmed to either of these teams. I can’t quite put my finger on why, but I don’t like the Blackhawks. They think they’re so cute and they get on my nervies. And the Flyers…
4. …I thought I was prepared for the Flyers to win the Eastern Conference, but it turns out I wasn’t. I don’t hate the Flyers like the rest of Buffalo. Honestly, I don’t hate them at all. Sure, they’re gross, but so are a lot of teams. My feelings about the Flyers are personal. You see, I lived in Philadelphia for four years. I like Philly, and I like Philadelphians. The truth is, I’m seething with jealousy. I can’t bring myself to cheer for the Flyers because I cannot claim them as my own, but they’re just too close. I don’t particularly enjoy cheering against Philadelphia, but I’m too jealous to enjoy their success. Basically, the Flyers make me really uncomfortable. EFF THE FLYERS.
5. ALSO, EFF THE BLACKHAWKS. (Do you see my dilemma?)
6. Here is my new baby. It’s a flower garden! Just LOOK at all these luscious flowers!
All I can say is, I’m sorry. I didn’t intend to grow such an intimidating garden, but I guess I just couldn’t help it. I’m too good at gardening. I’m just too good.