I’m trying something a little bit different this year. I’m going to attempt to make sure no Leafs/Habs fan ever sits in my seat at the arena. My plan is to avoid Stub Hub altogether and sell my extra games here. I feel a little weird about trying to sell stuff to my readers, and honestly I’m not entirely sure about the legality of this scheme, but whatevs.
A big part of the reason I can afford to own season tickets is because I have the opportunity to sell a handful of games at a profit. I need to take advantage of this, but I’d strongly prefer to sell to Sabres fans than opposing fans, so I’m going to try this system this season.
(For the record, I don’t judge Sabres season ticket holders who sell their Leafs tickets to Leafs fans IN THE SLIGHTEST. The only reason I can do it this way is because I have a Sabres blog, and therefore have a platform to sell tickets in an alternative way.)
This is mostly an experiment. If selling tickets this way doesn’t work well (for me or for you), I’ll just go back to Stub Hub (assuming I don’t get thrown in jail).
All of these tickets are for section 114, row 8, seats 5 & 6 on the mega-awesome SHOOT TWICE side. These seats are new to me, but having watched one preseason game from this location, I can assure you, when the the Sabres score on this net it’s VERY EXCITING. You will be very happy to see the Sabres score from this vantage point, and there are many friendly people nearby to high-five. I can also report that this section feels a little roomier than many other sections I’ve sat in. Anyone familiar with the F’N Center knows that some seats are inexplicably tiny, and other seats are inexplicably roomy. I’d say these seats fall into the “inexplicably roomy” category.
Should you choose to purchase these tickets, there are rules you must follow to ensure that you don’t embarrass me.
1. Root for the Sabres. If I wanted Leafs fans to sit in my seats, I’d sell these puppies on Stub Hub. Don’t root for the Leafs. You’re better than that.
2. Don’t yell “shoot” while sitting in these seats unless it’s a VERY serious, “you-mother-effers-need-to-shoot” emergency.
3. DO NOT participate in the wave from these seats (unless you’re 10 years-old-or-younger). You’re at a hockey game. Have a little dignity.
4. While sitting in these seats, you should be a nice person. No excessive swearing, no spilling beer on young children, and no (ABSOLUTELY NO) over-the-top angriness towards the game. Drunkeness is allowed, but only if beer consumption makes you extra giggley and flush. Angry drunks are strictly prohibited.
5. You MAY do some LIGHT booing of the Sabres from these seats, but only if you do it in good nature, and only if they really deserve it. You may NOT boo individual Sabres, because that’s just rude.
6 You are REQUIRED to boo Chara every time he touches the puck, for the entire duration of the time he has possession of the puck. Then, when Chara passes the puck, you are required to abruptly stop booing. Repeat this process for the entire game. Then, you are required to laugh, because that shit is funny.
7. If Goose scores, you must yell, “HOOOOONK”.
8. YOU MAY NOT RESELL THESE TICKETS FOR PROFIT. I’m trying to be fair with my pricing, so please, don’t be a d-bag about this. If for some reason one of these game becomes the hottest ticket in town, please just be psyched that you got reasonably priced tickets and enjoy attending the game.
The price for all these tickets is $180 for the pair for weekend game, and $160 a pair for a weeknight. In all cases, the tickets are priced significantly lower than box office prices, and in all cases tickets are priced lower than the current Stub Hub listings for this section. I’m pricing these tickets lower than I would on Stub Hub because with this system we’re eliminating the fees for both parties.
Okay, without further ado, here are the games available for purchase.
-Saturday, 11/19/11 Coyotes @ Sabres $180 -Friday, 12/2/11 Red Wings @ Sabres $180 - Saturday, 12/10/11 Rangers @ Sabres $180 - Monday, 12/26/11 Capitals @ Sabres $180 (This game is priced like a weekend because it’s going to feel like a weekend. It’s Boxing Day, yo. Party on.)
- Saturday, 12/31/11 Senators @ Sabres $180
- Saturday, 2/11/12 Lightning @ Sabres $180
- Friday, 2/24/12 Bruins @ Sabres $180 - Monday 3/12/12 Canadiens @ Sabres $160 - Wednesday, 3/21/12 Canadiens @ Sabres $160
- Saturday, 3/24/12 Wild @ Sabres $180
If you’d like to purchase any of these games, please email me at willfulcaboose [at] gmail [dot] com.
Let’s Go Buff-a-lo!