1. You guys need to brace yourselves, because TWC will be doing a little fund raising in the next week or so. It’s for a very worthy cause, but I still feel a little shy about asking you guys to fork over your hard earned cash. This post is a little “head’s up” warning: I will begin begging you for money in the next few days and I will not relent until you comply. There will be a few prizes (hookers, blow, handguns, a couple autographed Sabres pictures, and my undying gratitude), but mostly your motivation will be a combination of “doing something good for children” and “please shut the HELL UP, Katebits”. Heh.
2. I am not the type of person to toss the word “miracle” around a lot, but this story about the plane that landed in the Hudson river has really gotten to me. The pilot is a hero, and the fact that every single passenger survived is, well, nothing short of miraculous. There have been many amazing images of the rescue, but I’ve been staring at this one all day:
At the risk of sounding very, very cheesy- The way the passengers are standing on the wings makes the plane look like a giant bird cradling the people until they can be rescued. It’s beautiful, and I’m so happy all those people survived. Sometimes amazing things happen, you know?
I think this is a breathtaking picture of a truly remarkable event.
3. I was going to do a post about Goose and how much he rocks, but then I saw that Ryan had already said exactly what I’ve been thinking, which is basically, “Goose is pretty kick ass…right?”. So, I left a long comment about my Goose appreciation on The Goose’s Roost. If you want to read it, head on over. I hesitate to heap a lot of praise on Goose because he’s so tall and foxy that sometimes I get confused about why I like him so much, but more and more he seems to be emerging as a real on-ice leader. Just because he’s tall and foxy, that doesn’t mean he’s not also a genuinely great player to have around.
4. I’m going to the Bandits game tonight. Hooray!
5. Thanks to a Twitter tip from the fabulous Jennifer, I bought an ABSURD amount of discounted meats and cheeses from Hickory Farms today. I happen to love salami, but normally I wouldn’t spend my money on this type of thing. I’m hear to tell you that there is a sheer, absurd GLEE in buying something called the “All Day Celebration Gift Box.”. Even if I hate every single item in that gift basket, the giggling I’ve already enjoyed over my “discounted meat haul,” is TOTALLY worth the money. I’m going to be a good guest at the Super Bowl party this year. :D