1. Okay, that Pens/Caps series was awesome, but to be honest I got so wrapped up in rooting for the Pens that the last few games were downright torturous. Game 7 was just what the doctor ordered! Heh.
2. As most of you know, I became a hockey fans during the 2007 playoffs. I remember being very very nervous and spazzy while watching those games, but let’s face it, I hadn’t earned my jangles at that point. I canNOT imagine watching a series like the Pens/Caps with the Sabres involved. I think I would die.
3. I want to see “The Hangover”. I’m not a super enthusiastic movie fan, so a preview that makes me go, “I’m SO there,” is very rare. The fact that the preview doing this to me is for The Hangover, is bizarre. When did I become a frat boy?
4. After two full hockey seasons, I STILL haven’t gotten sick of the “Loser, loser, loser, BEST BABY IN THE WORLD!” commercial. Although, the advertising geniuses behind that ad shouldn’t get too back-pat-y, because I have NO idea what product that commercial is trying to get me to buy.
5. My goodwill towards the Pens might extend into a possible Bruins/Pens ECF, which would be a MAJOR upset in the battle for my affections. We’ll have to wait and see on that one.
6. I love the playoffs. I love how long they take, I love how they feel like an entirely different season, and I love how good the hockey can be. I am a Sabres fan through and through, but because of that, I watch a lot of…less than awesome hockey. The playoffs feel like a good investment of my time. I love these games so much.