1. In spite of the balmy, TOTALLY-not-hockyish weather, I’m really yearning for hockey now. A few days ago I drove to the arena to pay my Sabres bill rather than mail it, just because I felt like going to the arena. I spent a few minutes poking around the gift shop, and even though I found a hat that I liked, I didn’t buy it. Yet. I want an excuse to go back this week. It’s probably because of the excitement over my season tickets, but this summer feels like it is TAKING FOREVER. I feel like we’re in the home stretch though. Before we know it, it will be time for training camp.
2. Not only am I waiting for hockey, I’m also waiting to close on my house. I’ll most likely close right around when the pre-season starts. This is frustrating timing, because the BPO is in our annual downtime. I’m not working. All I’m doing is sitting around…waiting. Under normal circumstances, I’d go so far as to say I’m a gifted time waster, but it’s been hard recently. I’m wasting time, but I’m not enjoying it like I should. Heh.
3. Seriously, what the HELL, Drew Stafford? What is Darcy up to? We have too many Sabres right now, don’t we?
4. Shut up, Aaron Maybin.
5. I don’t really like it when someone tries to show me pictures from a vacation, but I’m perfectly willing to look at those same pictures on Facebook. I like looking at vacation pictures as long as it’s at my own pace and without the vacationer hovering over my shoulder being all, “That’s hike we took with so-and-so and blah blah blah blah.” Sometimes I just click from Facebook album to Facebook album to Facebook album until I’m looking at photos of strangers.
6. Cinnamon Toast Crunch is delicious.
7. I just read on Puck Daddy that Patrick Marleau was stripped of the “C” in San Jose. I know this sounds crazy (because the Sharks are a good team and the Sabres are a bad team), but I’d honestly prefer our problems to theirs at this point. What is wrong with them? Isn’t the season just going to SUCK this year for them, no matter what? Even if they win the President’s Cup again, won’t the playoffs just be hanging over the organization like an ominously-teetering-anvil all year? That sounds awful. At least the Sabres are consistently sucky. None of this “playing really well until it really matters” bullhonky for us! No siree, the Sabres suck through and through, and that’s why we love ‘em….or something.