1. This is actually Drew Stafford. Everyone assumed this was a fake account until Staffy went and broke the news of the Paille trade on Twitter. Staffy’s current habit of calling every city “Hot[name of city]” in the style of Hotlanta amuses me. My favorite so far is Hotronto, but Long Hotsland is pretty good too. Staffy is a weirdo.
2. Lindy Ruff should NOT be fired (yet). I’ll admit that I was fully prepared to pick up where I left off last season with the constant “IDON’TCAREIFHE’SAGOODGUY,HISTEAMSUCKS” ranting, but as far as I’m concerned, Lindy can keep his job for now. Before the season started I was getting annoyed with all the talk about how Lindy went to Canada’s Olympic camp and came back refreshed and full of new ideas, but perhaps there is something to that theory. Sure, the power play still blows, but Lindy does seem to be enjoying the mojo of renewed inspiration this season. Maybe he’s been watching lots of Oprah and keeping a journal. If we could just get Babcock to teach Lindy how to manage a goalie rotation, we might be good to go this year! Woo!
3. Raking is a LOT harder than I thought it was. Actually, raking is not that hard, but getting the dumb leaves in the bag is SUPREMELY annoying. I wish I could just go in the back yard, open a lawn bag and say, “All you leaves, GET IN HERE.” Yes, I’ve been reduced to wishing for a magic lawn bag. I’m not ashamed.
4. Jason Pominville has a baby! – actually he has several (pommerdoodles have litters). TWC has obtained exclusive rights to the first picture of the twins. I think there were five babies in all, but the family has been referring to these two as “the twins” because they both like beef jerky and watching Mad Men.
I’m not sure which is the evil twin, but the one on the right looks pretty shifty.
5. Like you, I never bothered to look up the definition of “truculence,” but one thing we know for SURE is that it doesn’t mean, “capable of playing hockey”. Heh, heh, a THOUSAND times, heh.