1. What is wrong with the Hurricanes? I mean, HONESTLY. If the Sabres had played Lalime instead of Crunchy the score could have been 4-0 going into the third period, but even THAT wouldn’t have been enough for Carolina to overcome their complete and utter third period suckitude. The third period was breathtaking, especially when you consider the Hurricanes did that last night too.
2. Rick might be right. We’re not worthy (of Crunchy).
3. Except for Ryan Miller, for the first two periods the Sabres looked T to the E to the R to the R to the I to the B to the L to the E. That was pukeriffic.
4. I miss Goose already. *mournful honk* (Side note: The other day I was hanging out with a percussionist friend and he pulled out his collection of bird calls. Every once in a while a piece of music requires a bird call of some sort, and as a result all percussionists have a box of odd whistles and honks at the ready. When my friend pulled out the goose call, I got all wistful imagining a whole arena of people honking away in tribute to Goose. Now ordinarily I am VERY opposed to noisemakers in the stands, but just once it would be fun. Especially if we could somehow surprise Goose with a chorus of genuine honks after his next goal.)
5. How drunk was Robi during the postgame report tonight? Loved it.
6. When you play The Nutcracker you often feel like an animal in a zoo because a lot of parents bring their kids to the edge of the pit to look down at the orchestra. I’m never sure if I should wave at these children, or if I should just ignore them. Wouldn’t it freak you out if an animal in a zoo made eye contact and then waved? I don’t want to scare the children.
7. Every time they showed Crunchy during a stoppage of play, he was rooting around in his jersey. Something about his pads must have been on his nervies tonight. Did someone forget to add the fabric softener? You can’t do that to him. He has sensitive skin.
8. I know that by the time he scored it Vanek’s goal was pretty meaningless, but it was still nice to see. I miss good Vanek. I hope he comes back someday.
9. Now look, I loooove NYC, but I am SO INCREDIBLY SICK of the “rah rah New York City” commercials that we have to watch on MSG. We live in BUFFALO, MSG. Buff. a. lo. It’s DIFFERENT than NYC. Quite. Stop showing us commercials with a bunch of people beating their chests about The City. We. Don’t. Care. If a commercial doesn’t contain Cellino, Barnes, Yancy’s Fancy, Hurt in a Car?, or knotted ropes representing veins IT’S NOT FOR US.