1. I have to admit that going into this game I was HELLA irked by all the talk about the Sabres win streak against the Leafs. If you ask me, crowing about something like that is just ASKING for big time troubs.
But I’m a believer now. No matter HOW badly the Sabres play against the Leafs, as long as we have a healthy Miller, hilarity and joyousness will ensue.
Thank you, Hockey Gods! Thank you for giving us the Toronto Maple Leafs!
2. That said, the Sabres craptastic offense is getting worrisome. I suppose they did score some handy goals tonight, but I’m still confusingly bitter.
3. Drew Stafford and Tim Connolly are not even remotely amusing.
4. I forgot to mention something I loved about the LAST Leafs game. When Toskala let in the blooper goal, on the replay you can see Pominville skate by with his arms in the air. Then, you can practically see the thought bubble above his head which says, “Oh wait. Maybe I shouldn’t boisterously celebrate this wonky goal which we totally do not deserve,” as he sheepishly lowered his arms.
I can admit that I’m often looking for reasons to like Pominville. I’ve had to look reeeal hard lately.
5. The Sabres did not take a single penalty tonight. Weird.
6. Are the Sabres good at hockey? I swear to you that I often cannot tell.