1. If Clarke MacArthur is scratched in the woods and no one is there to see it, does he make a sound?
I guess I’m not a very big C-Mac fan because I didn’t even notice his absence yesterday at the arena. Now, that was a VERY boring game, so I think my weak powers of observation should be forgiven. I happily entertained myself by yammering with Jessica, drinking big beers, and apparently, not missing Clarke MacArthur in the slightest.
2. Jessica is a hoot, and it’s fun to go to games with her. We sat in her seats yesterday, and it was neat to have a different view. It got me thinking that it would be fun if the Sabres sold a season ticket package where you moved all around the arena during the season.
3. My ability to cause the Sabres to score by complaining about them is getting a little spooky. Yesterday, literally MOMENTS after I said, “Vanek, Roy, and Mair is a weird line. I do NOT approve,” they scored. This season alone I’ve made Vanek, MacArthur, Pominville, and Roy-Z, and now Mair, all score by bitching about them. I wish that I could somehow channel this power into more Sabres goals, but I have to be genuinely peeved in order for it to work.
It seems to work best with Vanek. Maybe I should try to remember to be irritated with him. He needs me!
4. We scooted up to the Harbor Club for a drink after the game, and it was super fun, but they kicked everyone out at 10:30. I think the Harbor Club bar should stay open later. Silly Sabres.
5. I really wanted #phony to trend on Twitter today in honor of J.D. Salinger. Can you IMAGINE what Holden would say about Twitter? I mean, EXACTLY HOW PHONY can something even BE?! Envisioning J.D. Salinger on Twitter really cracks me up.