1. I had the BEST weekend. Schnookie and Pookie came to visit from New Jersey, and Heather essentially moved in for the weekend. Then, last night Amy and McGuffer’s came over and we all snarked about the pairs short programs. Thanks for a great weekend, guys!
2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! The Sabres are gone, and the Olympics are here! You may recall from the 2008 Summer Olympics that I am a BIG fan of all things Olympic-y. I love the weirdie sports, but I’m not going to lie, my curiosity about Olympic hockey is reaching a fevered pitch. I can’t WAIT to see Crunchy in action tomorrow, and I looked at the Canadian roster this afternoon and for the first time the fourth line of Toews-Iginla-Richards really sunk in. That. Is. Insane. (I’ll be rooting against Canada though. Not sure why. I guess just because a Canadian loss would provide the highest possible levels of schadenfreude. What can I say? I’m a beeyotch.)
2. In several minutes I will be PASSIONATELY rooting for that old geezer Chinese couple to win the gold in figure skating pairs. I think they’re the cutest. No schadenfreude there, please.
3. Sports that I think are dumb: luge/bobsled/skeleton, and ski jumping.
4. Sports I think are surprisingly AWESOME: Everything involving cross-country skiing.
5. Johnny Moseley is hilarious to me. I wish he called all of the events. He sounds like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle and I love him. I spent the duration of the moguls events echoing everything Moseley said with, “Duuude” at the end. I’m sure that wasn’t annoying at all.