– Every d-bag hipster in the world claims to like curling, and as a result, I’ve been scoffing at curling for years. Well, today I finally got around to watching curling, and you know what? Call me a douchebag hipster, but curling really is pretty fun. It’s oddly mesmerizing. You certainly couldn’t call it action packed, but it held my interest for HOURS this afternoon. I’m a convert. I totally love watching curling, and unlike every single other sport in the world, I’m vaguely interested in learning to curl myself. I know! I’m such a jock!
– Olympic hockey is a hoot and a holler. I really wasn’t sure that I’d enjoy it, but I looooooved seeing Crunchy out there in his USA uniform. It very cool to see him in a different role for a different team. I also liked seeing him wear number 39. He seemed extra sassy in that number. Maybe he should switch!
The Canada/Norway game was less fun, but I suppose it was inevitable.
– Speaking of Norway….A few years ago I took an audition in Norway, and I would have moved there had I won the job. Because of my trip and because I’m ridiculous, I consider myself semi-Norwegian. I like to root for the Norwegians. If it’s a man, I assume he would have been my boyfriend had I moved to Norway. If it’s a woman, she probably would have been my Norwegian BFF. Go Norway!
– I had planned on writing a whole post about how I think pairs figure skating is the best Winter Olympic sport because of the costumes and the often hilariously vicious body language between the pairs who screw up, but right now I’m watching the men’s short program, and I’m full of doubt. THIS might be the best sport in the Winter Olympics. The male divas! The huge jumps! The sequins!
– When the Ookies were here someone noticed that Dick Button wears the BIGGEST shoes on earth, and now whenever he’s on screen all I can see are his giant clown shoes.