Okay folks, here is the big scrolly, clicky window of chattiness. Go crazy, but remember to stick to the TWC-approved talking points:
- The Sabres should get BETTER today, not worse.
- It’s okay by us if the Sabres want to “go for it” this year.
- It’s okay by us if they want to be cautious, as long as they don’t also expect us to believe that the current top six will magically improve (unless there actually ARE black magiks involved- then maybe we’ll buy it. Maybe).
- We promise not to freak out later because Toni Lydman and/or Henrik Tallinder “got away for nothing”. Playing through the season is NOT nothing.
- Derek Roy can and should be traded- preferably for Zach Parise.
- Ryan Kesler WANTS to be a Sabre. Who are you to deny him his dream, Darcy?
- It’s perfectly fine to understand that there is little-to-no chance Darcy will do anything flashy and STILL vocally demand wish that he would.
- Wanting a big trade but also being unable to point to a single available player that you’d want to trade for is a totally reasonable position.
- Ryan Miller deserves a great team.
- We do NOT, I repeat, we do NOT think getting a healthy Kaleta back is the same as a trade.
- If we could can get anything, it should probably be offense.
- We can be grown-ups about this, no matter what happens.
TOTALLY LAME UPDATE: Apparently you can’t use CoverItLive on WordPress hosted blogs. So, if you want to participate, you have to go to one of these other blogs.
You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.
The Goose’s Roost
Top Shelf Cookies
Black and Blue and Gold
Two Minutes for Roughing
Queen City Sabres
Roll the Highlight Film
The Fanatical Fan
Muckers and Grinders
Shots off the Crossbar
Hockey Night in Buffalo
3rd Man In