1. I’m not sure how many times you guys can stand to hear me say “I can’t believe we’re going to the playoffs,” but for realio…….WOOOOO! As a relatively new fan, I have no frame of reference for this. The Sabres clinched a playoff berth and they still have eight games to play? Whaaa? I haven’t looked at this site at all this year. Is spring still going to come even if I’m not obsessively praying that other loathsome NHL teams lose so that the Sabres playoff hopes stay alive?
This is just so WEIRD! The Sabres are going to the playoffs! What IS this happy hockey-related feeling in my heart? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
2. HOW ABOUT THAT TYLER ENNIS?! Holy buckets. I’ll join in with the chorus of people who are vocally praying that he stays up for Buffalo for the duration of the regular season. I don’t quite understand how the roster works during the playoffs (I think there’s an expanded roster? Something like that?), and I don’t care. For the time being, let’s make room for Tyler Ennis.
It’s too bad we didn’t see more of Ennis during the regular season because it’s kind of kooky to suggest he should be on the playoff roster at this stage. BUT, we’ve got eight games to study him and argue about him. (Provided at least one of our injured players stays hurt. I would urge Darcy to personally injure one of them if that’s what it takes to buy the time necessary to figure Ennis out.) Wouldn’t it be fun if he turned out like Tyler Myers? A fully functional NHLer, fresh out of the draft-womb, just in time for a playoff run?
3. In addition to being good at hockey, Tyler Ennis already has a KILLER nickname. “Ennis the Menace” is a GREAT name, especially for a small blond player. Just think of the fun we can have watching his opponents shaking their fist at him and bellowing “Ennnnissss!”
4. Tyler Ennis, if you need a place to stay while in Buffalo, you can totally stay at my house. You can have your own room, and I’ll cook you meals, and I’ll mostly stay out of your way except to occasionally veto the skankiest puck bunnies. The only downside is that you’ll have to park your car on the street, I get to keep control of the television remote, no loud music, and I’m going to need you to do some light handyman work around the house. (How good are you at roofing?)
5. I’ve gone back and forth and back and forth about writing a detailed post about Patrick Lalime Boo-Gate, but I’m going to do the internet a favor and keep my thoughts to myself. I wish the Sabres had done the same. Heh.
6. You know who I love? Ryan Miller. Also, Goose. And Pommerdoodle.
7. Maybe it’s just because I’m a girl, and math is hard, but I find all the “magic number” talk to be HUGELY confusing. Way back in the day when I was a baseball fan (and a child), I had my arms all the way around the concept. I understood it fully. But with hockey, and with hockey’s system of points, it makes absolutely no sense. I’m just taking the internet’s word that the Sabres have clinched a playoff berth. Truthfully, I don’t get it at all.